The Winter Getaway faculty and I are looking forward to
working with you.
Below is a list of everything you
need to arrive safely, happily and ready to enjoy the weekend,
including how to book our special rate to extend your stay.
Please read it carefully even if you've attended before so you don't miss
Notebook & writing paper.
A book, lit mag, CD or DVD to trade at the Friday night
Medications, toiletries and personal items.
- Dress is casual. Bring an extra sweater or two.
- If you smoke, bring a warm coat! Seaview is
- If you have a book or CD you would like to sell at the
Bookstore, bring up to 10 copies of no more than 3 titles.
We will sell them on consignment for a 20% fee. Instructions
will be in your Getaway folder. (Payments and unsold books will
be returned at 1 pm on Monday. Please plan to leave after that
- Cash or checks for the Bookstore (sorry, no credit
cards), housekeeping gratuity, coffee at the gift shop,
incidentals and Saturday night out.
- A credit card to swipe at check in for incidentals.
- A laptop and printer are
not necessary, but if you bring one,
internet access is available in many parts of the hotel.
(There is a business center equipped with computers and
a printer/copy machine. Details below.)
- Appropriate clothing and gear if you plan to swim,
participate in yoga or Zumba, go for a nature walk, work
out, play golf, get
dressy for AC or the Getaway disco etc.
- Snacks & beverages that don't need refrigeration.
- A previously written short piece of writing (or poem
or two) to share during an Open Mic.
- Poetry participants: Look for our email
during the week of 1/7/14 with more specific notes for
Greedy for more solitude? Come early or stay
If you would like to extend your Getaway,
please call Beth Williams, Reservation Manager, 609-748-7608. If
she doesn't pick up, leave a message and identify yourself as a
Winter Poetry & Prose Getaway participant who would like to
check in early or stay longer, and she will
return your call within two business days. The rate for extra
nights for the 2014 Getaway will be $90/night plus taxes and
fees (single or double occupancy, no meals included) and will
enable you to stay in the same room throughout your whole visit.
The Getaway will NOT be canceled! If the forecast looks
threatening, consider arriving a day or two early at the special
reduced rate mentioned above. If you are delayed for any reason,
weather or otherwise, arrive Saturday and you can still enjoy
most of your weekend.
Cancellation policy reminder
The Fine Print)
● On or before Nov. 20 — 100% refund minus a
$50 processing fee
Nov. 21-Dec. 10 — 50% of total refunded
Dec. 11-31 — 50% credit for future Getaway
● Jan. 1 or after — Sorry, no refund will be issued
● Change Fee ($25) will be charged to switch your
workshop, room package, tutorial(s), add-ons and/or payment
method after Dec. 10
Seaview has a business center where you can do your own
self-service printing when you complete your work. You'll need
to use your room key to access it, so commuters will need to
team up with those staying over. Consider bringing a USB drive
to transfer your files to Seaview's computers
Please note: Many workshops have a noon deadline for
turning in work to print, and the Business Center will be very
busy then. Please plan accordingly.
- You may check in at Seaview anytime after 4 pm. When you
arrive, you can pull up to the main entrance
where the bell service will help you unload. You can then pull
around to the free parking area or leave your car with valet
parking for $13 per day.
- Plan to stop by "Getaway Central" between 4 and 7 pm to
register and pick
up your Getaway folder and name tag. Getaway Central is located near the
front desk on the way to the guest room elevators.
- 4-7 pm: Informal socializing in the Lobby Bar: Look for
others wearing Getaway name tags and introduce yourself.
We will begin our evening reception at 7 pm in the Bayview
Ballroom with a comfort food snack, hot soup and warm bread. The program
will begin around 8 pm. Please bring your book swap item(s) and the
Getaway folder you receive at registration with you.
- If you need to arrive after 7 pm, ask the front desk to
direct you to the opening session in the Bayview Ballroom
where you can pick up your folder in the back of the room.
- If you plan to arrive after 10 pm or on Saturday morning, your
folder will be waiting for you at Getaway Central.
Algonquin-style Poetry Workshop: This fun session will
run from 3:30-6:30 pm on Friday afternoon. There's only one
seat left and it's available on a first-come, first-served
basis. Call 609-823-5076 if you'd like to claim it.
Visit our Travel Page for all the
If you get to the area before check in begins, consider stopping by the
Museum of Art,
Smithville or drive the loop around the
Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge;
all three are just minutes away.
Check out our
carpool board to connect with others looking to share rides and
- If you have any questions prior to the 17th, please email
email@example.com or call 609-823-5076.
- If you have a last minute
question or emergency on the 17th or 18th, leave a message for us at Seaview, 609-652-1800.
- Refresh your memory of the schedule here.
- Information on the weekend's Special Programs is
- The weekend will close on Monday with a wrap up session and a tribute
to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Don't
miss it! Immediately following the program, Bookstore
payments and unsold bookstore will be available for pickup
(approximately 1 pm). Monday's lunch (included for
participants with a room package) will also start at 1 pm.
- Like to be active? We're offering yoga and Zumba this
year. See the schedule here.
**Please travel safely! The biggest risks you take should be
with your imagination.**